How to enter the "Recovery Mode" on an iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
Usually, this is usually not necessary for users since being a fairly closed iOS operating system is usually protected from misconfiguration carried out by questionable reliability applications or simply by ignorance of users. However, no operating system is 100% safe and reliable and, for one reason or another, it is possible that the system fails and can neither turn nor back, having to resort in this case the " recovery mode " or recovery mode an iPhone or iPad.
The main cases where we probably have to resort to this mode of recovery are:
- When iTunes does not recognize your device.
- If the Apple logo appears long and it does not get to start.
- Bootloop suffer if (something common among users with jailbreak).
- When we screen "Connect to iTunes" appears.
- If we want to fully restore a device, for example, to restore a copy of a previous device to a new model.
The general method for entering this recovery mode, both the iPhone and previous iPad to the new iPhone 7/7 Plus model with the smartphone on (or blocked, depending on your state), connect cable to computer and run iTunes . Then we force a restart by holding the "start" and "on" buttons , and, after restarting the device, continue to keep even when the Apple logo appears. After several seconds , we can see how it appears the "recovery mode" .
However, in addition to the elimination of "jack" iPhone 7/7 Plus, this device port also has a physical button "start" as such, it is impossible to hold it down as in previous models. Fortunately, the "recovery mode" of this model is still fully functional, all that has changed one of the necessary keys to access it.
Starting the recovery mode in the new iPhone 7/7 Plus
To enter this recovery mode iPhone, all you need to do is connect the device to a computer and start iTunes on it. Then, as in previous models, we force a restart by holding the button "on" and "Volume Down" (we can see that it has replaced the "start button" on the "button to lower the volume , " but the process is the same).
The device will restart, and we must hold the buttons while the Apple logo appears until the recovery screen typical of these devices appears to us.
What to do once inside the recovery iPhone?
We're in recovery mode iPhone or iPad. iTunes is prepared for that if it detects an error in the device or that this is in this mode, we automatically ask you what we do:
- Restore the device, erasing all data and reinstalling iOS again.
- Or, should be updated , install the latest version of IOS available then restart it . This does not work 100% of the time (and is only possible when updates are available), so chances are that we always have to resort to the first option.
After the restore process or update, your iPhone will be as fresh from the factory. Now we can only retake the initial setup process and restore the backup we have in iTunes or iCloud.